SoHo Dragon represents an investment bank with offices in midtown Manhattan. Our client needs to hire a Senior Linux Engineer (OS) to manage and maintain all components of bank's Linux/Unix environments to ensure maximum uptime. OS team member whose responsibilities include installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all Linux/Unix systems. Including kernel and OS level configurations to ensure optimal performance, uptime, resiliency and redundancy for our environment. The person will also document and troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance as required.
This role is open for contract and full time opportunity.
• Manage Linux RedHat 6/7 systems for all environments, including but not limited to production, lab and test.
• Scripting in either bash/perl/python to administer systems, applications, provide automation and for reporting.
• Plan, design, document and implement Production-level systems and processes as per Business requirements.
• Monitoring of all processes running within the Linux/Unix environment.
• Be able to provide recommendations to enhance current environment.
• Familiar with Linux/Unix patching processes to ensure vulnerabilities are addressed in a timely manner.
• Responding to issues involving systems managed by the Bank's OS Team.
• Evaluating and implementing new software and OS configurations.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding all infrastructure problems.
• Accurately document instances of infrastructure server component failure, remediation and preventative measures.
• Assess the need for and be able to implement performance upgrades to systems.
• Project based implementation and deployment.
• Provide accurate root cause analysis for system outages.
• Manage the lifecycle of Linux/Unix systems from birth to sunset.
• Be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Be able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
• Design, document and implement Business Continuity Procedure systems based on Business RTO/RPO requirements.
Your application was submitted successfully.