SoHo Dragon represents an investment bank with offices in Jersey City, NJ that needs to hire a BI Engineer. This position is for a Business Intelligence / Reporting engineer with a background in SQL and data warehousing for enterprise level systems. Strong Power BI experience is a must especially in developing dashboards and canned reports.
The candidate will be responsible for the design and development of reports, dashboards and ad-hoc queries. The position calls for someone that is comfortable working with business users along with business analyst expertise. Experience with the following technologies will be required:
- Power BI Dashboards and Paginated Reports
- Power On
- SQL Server 2016
- Minimum 3+ years of combined experience in data warehousing/business intelligence/analytics and reporting systems.
- Minimum 3+ years of relational and multi-dimensional (OLAP) data modeling Proficiency in the use of SQL, including relational and dimensional database structures, query optimization, specifically with SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of Fixed Income, Equity and Derivative businesses
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements, make recommendations and implement solutions
- Self-driven and should be able to troubleshoot and provide quick resolutions to issues.
- Full project management and development life cycle experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a high-pressured environment
- University bachelor degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Engineering)