SoHo Dragon represents a Fortune 500 Financial Technology firm with offices in Morristown, NJ that needs to hire a Senior Project Manager for a full time opportunity.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate and direct staff to ensure the completion of client project deliverables
- Interface with clients, product owners, scrum masters and other organizational staff to coordinate project planning, scheduling, monitoring, risks, issues, and resource assignment activities
- Collaborate with Implementation Specialists on client projects
- Work closely with team to define and review the technical scope, requirements, deliverables (including resource effort and durations) estimates prior to presenting project plans to customers
- Maintain and manage client relationship and expectations
- Organize and participate in meetings with customers and project team members and ensure timely communications
- Provide resolution to project issues resulting in disruption to customer activities or escalate as needed
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize project progress by preparing project status reports for upper management
- Assist teams with the problem resolution to include root cause analysis, problem resolution and recommendations to senior staff
- Recommend and institutionalize improvements to project execution and delivery processes
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Ability to clearly communicate with Senior Executives
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Banking Systems background
- Positive can-do attitude (but not a “yes” person)
- PMP Certification
- Agile experience (PMI-ACP is a plus)
- Information Technology Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in the information systems or engineering field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a project engineer or project manager, preferably in the Financial Institution or related field.
- Proven leadership skills and positive customer and sales force interaction
- Proven effective communication skills
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Microsoft Tools (Office, Sharepoint, Advanced MS Excel)
- Project Management tools (e.g., MS Project, smartsheet)
- Other: Jira, ServicePoint, Clarity. Must be able to quickly learn new technologies, platforms and architectures.