SoHo Dragon represents a Fortune 500 Financial Technology firm with offices in Atlanta, GA that needs to hire a Talend Developer for a full time opportunity.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new ETL pipelines or enhancements to existing pipelines using Talend in Big Data environment.
- Perform end to end automation of ETL process for various datasets that are being ingested into the big data platform.
- Develop and integrate software applications using suitable development methodologies and standards, applying standard architectural patterns, considering critical performance characteristics and security measures.
- Resolves customer complaints with data and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- May assist/lead in development of integration technical documentation.
- At least 5+ years of ETL/ DWH experience
- At least 3+ years of Talend ETL development experience
- Expertise in theoretical and practical knowledge of data warehousing and data modelling
- Experience with database schema, object management, data modeling & architecture, and data warehouse design.
- Experience working with Talend data mapper for handling large data sets
- Experience using Talend components related to Hadoop and Oracle
- Strong knowledge of Oracle SQL.
- Experience working with Talend Administration Center (TAC), Nexus and GIT
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Shell script
- Working knowledge of Java programming
- Working knowledge of Hive, Impala and HDFS
- Working knowledge of source-code control using any tool available in the market
- Excellent written or oral communication skills
Nice to have:
- hive, redshift, data pipeline, system design (design ETL pipelines exercise)
- data structures
- java skills
- Experience working in onshore-offshore model
- Previous experience in Finance/Banking industry
- knowledge of Agile development methodologies, tools, and processes