SoHo Dragon represents a Fortune 500 Financial Technology firm with offices in Morristown, NJ that needs to hire a Java Software Development Engineering - Advisor I for a full time opportunity.
What does a great Java Software Development Engineering – Advisor I do?
Java Software Development Engineering - Advisor I is central to the business mission. Successful candidates will architect, develop, and test software components. Eligible candidates will be willing to keep pace with a group of talented Software Engineers while maintaining best practices and consistent conventions. They should be self-starters and able to collaborate effectively with their team lead and peers.
As a Java Software Development Engineering – Advisor I you can expect to:
• Implement new products and product features
• Take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion thoroughly and efficiently
• Perform research to determine best technology/pattern to solve problems
• Participate in and contribute to requirements gathering, design discussions, and code reviews
• Become a Subject Matter Expert for the products/modules you work on
• Mentor junior team members
Basic skills for consideration:
• 8+ years experience developing Java applications
• Spring Framework
• Spring MVC
• Spring Boot
• RESTful services
• Relational Databases (Oracle preferred)
• NoSQL Databases (Couchbase preferred)
• Performance testing and tuning of Java applications
• 4 year engineering degree (Computer Science degree preferred)
Preferred skills for consideration:
• Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
Your application was submitted successfully.