SoHo Dragon represents a Fortune 500 Financial Technology firm with offices in Morristown, NJ that needs to hire a Staff Engineer II (C++) for a full time opportunity.
What does a Staff Engineer II do?
The Staff Engineer II role is central to the business mission. The developer will architect, develop, test, and support the server-side software components that implement the features and functions that differentiate our payment gateway from other payment processors. This role requires initial and continued education on all Payment Card Industry features, functionality, specifications, and standards. A mindset of heightened security is instrumental in the success of this role and our technology solutions.
As a Staff Engineer II you can look forward to:
- Ensuring solutions are built to best practices and patterns for application development and integration.
- Being a team player, collaborating with other engineers and business units, participating in code reviews.
- Working in an agile environment.
- Partnering with internal teams, business analysts, product owners, developers, testers, and architects to ensure the solution is mapped to business vision.
- Working directly with third party vendors to define technical requirements and customize, configure, and implement solutions to interface with internal and external systems.
- Support and troubleshoot technical issues related to our applications in hosted environments.
- Working and continuously improving our DevOps practices to provide active management of the continuous integration/delivery processes.
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and trends to ensure we are using the best techniques and tools to maximize security and software delivery velocity.
- The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of Embedded Software design and development in C/C++
- Microcontroller and microprocessor experience.
- Firmware design, development, implementation, integration, testing and support.
- Proficiency with Internet Networking concepts.
- Understand the web’s most critical web application security vulnerabilities.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of security and fraud solutions, including data encryption, tokenization and PCI/P2PE compliance
- Hardware Security Module (HSM) integration experience
- Experience working with e-commerce, shopping cart, or payment service gateways
- Exposure to POS (point of sale) Hardware, Software, and card payment readers
- Solid understanding of basic principles related to computing, networks, firewall, security, and authentication
- Groovy, Python, C#, sh experience
- Robotics Experience
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and delivery
- Familiar with the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as Kanban
- Experience using Atlassian suite (Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence)
- Experience in Payment Terminal Certification.