SoHo Dragon represents an investment bank with offices in New York, NY that needs to hire a Assistant Vice President – Enterprise Applications Business Analyst/Project Management join the clients IT – Enterprise Applications team to deliver various small projects and ongoing BAU enhancements, with minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The AVP – Enterprise Applications acts primarily as a Business Systems Analyst and secondly as a Project Manager for projects and BAU enhancements within the banks Enterprise Applications environment. This individual works collaboratively with development peers and customers to ensure that system functionality is thoughtfully designed and implemented effectively.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with key business stakeholders to understand business priorities and requirements.
- Prioritizing enhancement requests appropriately to mature and enhance Bank's application capabilities
- Working on enhancements and projects in the HR applications domain, with focus on Workday suite of applications, in collaboration with Identity Management and reporting tools
- Ensuring that requirements are consistently clear and well documented.
- Ensuring that project rigor is in place for the planning, status reporting, and delivery of monthly sprint cycles and small projects.
- Ensuring that minimal documentation and other scrum standards are followed
- Implementing leading practices for user experience, platform configurations, and business processes.
- Highlighting/identifying potential gaps in existing functionality or processes and working with stakeholders to find and implement solutions
- Liaising with developers to determine feasibility, estimate effort, and plan sprints appropriately
- Learning application functionality and becoming a functional expert over time
- Coordinating with business units to create and deliver occasional training sessions to end users
- Conducting scrum ceremonies including backlog refinement, sprint demos and sprint retrospectives
- Building and maintaining platform roadmaps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s). Master’s Degree a plus
- 5+ years of hands-on Workday Business Analyst experience in an IT setting
- Functional knowledge of Identity Management systems such as SailPoint is preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with any or all of the following platforms as a Business Analyst is highly preferred: ServiceNow, Workday, RSA Archer, Oracle Eloqua, Jira and SharePoint/custom applications,
- Highly proficient in Business Analysis tools and techniques including process flow design, mockups, rich pictures, jira stories etc.
- Proficient in scrum or other agile techniques
- Proficient in analyzing data and identifying trends
- Financial services industry experience a plus
- High motivated, self-directed individual with the ability to work independently
- Highly organized. Strong project management capabilities with ability to multi-task
- Collaborative team player and relationship builder
- ITIL, PMI, Scrum certifications are preferred