SoHo Dragon represents an investment bank with offices in New York, NY that needs to hire a Sr Python ETL Developer.
- Interviews will consist of phone screens and or web conference calls
- W2/1099/C2C are all accepted.
Migrate existing SSIS ETL scripts to Python
Work closely with existing senior integration staff to flush out design, priority and build.
Scaffolding and framework will be needed for staging and transforming datasets.
Use existing DevOps pipeline for Python and enhance if necessary.
Automate Python scripts on our enterprise scheduler.
- At least 5 years of full-time development experience using Python.
- At least 5 years working with t-SQL, XML and enterprise schedulers
- Proficient understanding of algorithms, data structures, architectural design patterns and best practices
- Extensive experience in software development and the entire SDLC.
- Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
- Experience in creating high-level product specifications and design documents.
- Proven collaboration and influencing skills
- Experience in writing Python applications with the benefit of frameworks like Django, Flask, Pyramid, or Tornado.
- Experience in Python testing and code analysis tools like Pytest and Pylint
- Integration experience (ETL, ELT) with Python
- Familarity with SSIS is preferred but not required
- General development expertise, use of version control, ticketing, and continuous integration systems.
- Experience in an Agile Development environment
- Experience in consuming API's (i.e. Rest, etc.)