SoHo Dragon represents an investment bank with offices in midtown Manhattan. Our client is looking to hire an Equity Java developer for a full time opportunity.
- Interviews will consist of phone screens and or web conference calls
- USC and GC holder only.
Responsible for developing applications and supporting the equity trading desks. Major responsibilities include:
- Developing applications in Java to enhance existing trading systems and/or to build entirely new applications
- Advanced topics such as Enterprise integration patterns and asynchronous feeds via messaging technologies (FIX, JMS, MQ, etc.) Apache Camel, Mule
- Distributed caching technology such as HazelCast
- Understanding business requirements and writing specifications
- Develop test plans and test the new modules to ensure the software works are expected.
- Work with users to certify enhancements, upgrades & patches in UAT.
- Deploy upgrades & patches
- Working with the vendor or the internal IT development team to build the applications required by the trader.
- 5+ years with Java experience (SE, EE)
- 3+ years with messaging technologies (JMS)
- 3+ years database experience – writing or dealing with data access layers (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with Maven is a plus.
- Strong architecture & design skills.
- Strong experience building trading application and real-time feeds (e.g Market data)
- Ability to write clearly & document requirements and designs.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate ideas, solutions etc.
- Self driven - Ability to lead projects from initiation to completion.
- Strong educational background with BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related area
- Experience in the financial industry.
- Development Skills in C# and other .NET related technologies is a plus