SoHo Dragon represents an investment bank located in New York, NY that needs to hire a Senior EQD Trading Applications Support Engineer.
- Interviews will consist of phone screens and or web conference calls
- W2/1099/C2C are all accepted.
This is a senior engineer Contractual position (with an option to convert) supporting an Equity Derivatives Trading desk. The candidate must have experience in Equity Derivatives and is willing to provide support to traders. It would be required for the candidate to have experience with the Murex trading system.
- Ability to price supported equity derivatives products within Murex, using different market data sets & model settings to perform testing and validation as needed
- Collaborating and supporting Front Office EQD desk, Technology Partners, and Model Validation/Risk teams in projects that require subject matter expertise related to risk and analytics in the EQD derivatives ecosystem
- Leverage knowledge on different domains such as Financial Markets, Murex proprietary financial systems, Information Technology, and Advanced Mathematics to liaise and communicate effectively with the teams and business users
- Provide high-quality support in using the Murex platform for pricing and structuring of complex financial products within trading domain (e.g. EQD derivatives).
- Onboarding new products, BAU enhancements and providing Day-to-Day trade support for the Equities Derivatives trading desk, closely interacting with traders executing and risk managing complex derivative products
- Articulates and defines systems scope and objectives for complex, high impact application enhancements and problem resolution through in-depth analysis and evaluation of complex business processes, systems and industry standards; documents requirements.
- Allies with multiple technology teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; identify and define necessary system enhancements; analyze existing system logic, identify problems; and recommend and implements solutions.
- Undertaking projects as required, i.e. performance management, monitoring initiatives, infrastructure upgrades, web based tools, reporting and documentation
- Ensuring accurate trade capture, event processing, representation of positions, PL & risk exposures in risk management systems.
- Liaising with global Tech and Ops counterparts on a variety of strategic initiatives – representing the business interests by providing expertise across products & systems, testing new technology rollouts, and driving enhancements to existing systems and processes
- Performing reconciliation processes across systems to help system upgrades and maintain various systems connectivity to ensure smooth trading desk activities.
- Imparts background in automation to remove manual touchpoints
- At least 5 years of extensive experience as Murex front office analyst with demonstrated experience with P&L explain/resolution, Greeks, SIMM, VaR, Risk analysis, simulation views, LiveBook, market data viewer, pre-trade, E-Tradepad pricing and dynamic tables
- Working knowledge of equity swaps configuration, TRS Generator configuration (& related static data), rate curve definitions, rate curve assignments, Pricing template, calculation templates, processing templates, VaR modules, CVA, LiveBook, OSP within Murex 3.X.
- Academic background in a STEM discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Financial Engineering
- Analytical background including an understanding of applied Math, Probability and Statistics.
- Strong analytical skills to understand a broad set of sophisticated cross-asset products and complex end-to-end workflows
- A thorough understanding of market data conventions and ability to understand the interpret market data provider specifications.
- Knowledge of financial products (equity derivatives required), business processes and workflows
- Ability to multitask several ongoing issues. This involves the ability to assess priority and make appropriate decisions quickly and effectively.
- Experience working on a trading floor supporting mission critical applications
- Experience working with Job scheduling applications
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Fundamental understanding of database modeling and ETL type applications
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Geared towards process improvement, system enhancement and automation
- Advanced excel skills and VBA coding knowledge is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of JIRA for issue and project tracking
Nice to have Qualifications:
- College degree required.
- Murex experience
- Database & SQL experience