SoHo Dragon represents a financial technology company that needs to hire a PMO Transformation Thought Leader Consultant for a short-term engagement.
It is a classic engagement involving:
- Understanding/Documenting the Current State (Current findings/landscape)
- Understanding/Documenting the Pain Points, Goals, Drivers, and Known Requirements
- Proposing a Future State
- Exposing the GAP between Current and Future States in the form of pertinent areas and maturity / existence heat-maps (or other format)
- Offering Practical and Pragmatic Recommendations:
- Roadmap and Steps to remediate the Gap in the form of People (org), Process, and Tech actions toward Furue
- high-level ROM (rough order of magnitude) estimates for each recommendation to execute on the remediation steps
The artifacts / deliverables of the engagement are:
- the detailed Assessment include the elements aforementioned
- an Executive Deck summarizing the same for C-Suite consumption
- a presentation with Q&A of 1&2
Execution and actual remediation to make Future State is NOT part of the engagement. That would be something of a Phase 2 Execution of Transformation and may or may not involve this Thought-Leader in helping build the future-state.