SoHo Dragon represents an investment bank with offices in Midtown Manhattan that needs to hire a Murex Overnight Support Role.
- Interview process will consist of multiple phone screens and or video conference calls
- W2/1099/C2C are accepted.
Typical support activities in a support role
- End User Support: capture, investigate, communicate, track, resolve application issues (break/fix), adhoc queries, transaction investigations, reconciliation, order checks and replays, static data updates, EOD reporting, access and entitlements
- Event Management: Health checks, monitoring of application dashboards, alert response, investigation, monitoring tool implementation, maintenance and config changes, batch exceptions
- Incident Management: Manage requests, incidents, outages, communication and escalation.
- Problem Management: Metrics, reporting, trending, driving Stability and continuous improvement
- Change Management: Release and deploy, CAB review and approval for all production change, Acceptance into Service standards, act as gatekeeper to prod
- Capacity Planning & Preventative Actions: Metrics and reporting, design, testing, provisioning, data archiving (shared with Dev and Infra teams )
- Configuration Management: Documentation, asset and inventory management, production hygiene
- Recoverability: DR, resiliency, testing, data restoration
- Batch: setup and management, drive optimization
- Audit and Compliance: Audit response and investigation.
Minimum Requirements for Murex Back Office Support Analyst Role (must meet all)
- Strong knowledge of Fixed income, Interest Rate Derivatives, FX, Futures, Options products
- 3 or more years’ experience supporting Operations, Middle and Back office teams on Trade booking, Payments, Settlements, Collateral, Cash Flows, Regulatory reporting, etc.
- 3 or more years’ experience supporting or developing Murex Back Office modules including MxML Exchange Workflows, OSP smart queues, Markitwire, Marginsphere and similar Interfaces in Murex Production Environment
- 3 more years’ experience handling Technical and Functional issues related to Murex Interfaces, MLC, Datamart & Reporting
- 3 or more years’ experience developing/configuring Murex processing scripts, reports and batch feeders
- Basic Linux, vi, SQL and any scripting language (Shell, Perl, Java, Python, etc.)
Additional Desired Skills (should have most)
- 3 or more years’ in an Level 2 production electronic trading application support role (Market data, Pricing, OMS, Execution Booking, Position keeping, Risk platforms, etc.)Any enterprise batch scheduler software experience (i.e. Control-M, Autosys or Tidal)
- Understanding and Debugging shell and perl scripts on production and test environments
- Working knowledge of underlying infrastructure and interoperability (servers, storage, network, middleware)
- Working knowledge of basic ITIL Service management practices (Event, Incident, Problem and Change management)
- Japanese speaking is a plus