SoHo Dragon represents an aeronautics company with offices in Manhattan, New York, that needs to hire a Lead Embedded Engineer for full time employment. This new hire will own the firmware of their next generation systems.
- 5+ years of experience developing high performance firmware solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Strong C/C++ skills in an embedded environment
- Experience working with prototypes and doing board bringup
- Experience working on Linux platforms, including Embedded Linux
- Experience developing device drivers
- Experience with Atmel/Microchip and/or STM32 microcontrollers is a big plus.
- Knowledge of common communication buses such as I2C, CAN, Serial and SPI
- Experience managing a team
- High level knowledge in electronic hardware and systems design
- Experience doing PCB layout
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Soldering ability
- Experience with PID controllers is a big plus.
- Candidates with UAV aircraft, robotics development experience and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.
- Design and write firmware for different parts of our technological stack
- Write firmware for test fixtures and experimental projects
- Work together with the rest of our engineering team to make our projects work end to end
- Interview and hire your teammates
- Perform board bring up and write drivers as necessary
- Assist in protocol design, architectural design, parts selection and project trajectories for our hardware projects.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of process improvements.