Title: Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Looking for a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to join the Information Technology organization. This role will help lead the BI efforts, while assisting in the development and management of all reports as well as maturing the reporting and analytics platform on our corporate data lake and warehouse. This role will also work closely with the business to use our data to tell a story. Responsibilities will also include mining and analyzing data to create in-depth business intelligence tools and dashboards to inform the business.
Duties included but not limited to:
Translate / Interpret:
Use an analytical mind to assist leadership in translating business questions and concerns into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with available data using sound methodologies. Own and lead the development of all reports and data analytics that will be shared in a written or verbal presentation with various departmental leaders.
Measure / Quantify / Expand:
Lead the synthesis of critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
Explore/analyze data and work with Research Scientists, other Data Scientists and Product Managers to understand customer behaviors, spot system defects, and benchmark our ability to serve our customers.
Work closely with Dir. Of Data Engineering and BI, other Data Engineers and Software Engineers to design products and systems capable of transforming and driving business decisions.
Explore / Enlighten:
Using past experiences, deep dive into our data assets to discover anomalies and reporting strategies that would provide insight and valuable decisions for senior leadership. Lead the development of written and verbal presentations, dashboards and other data products to share insights and recommendations to audiences.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Design, build, and deploy BI solutions
- Fluent in descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Create tools to store data effectively within the organization, known as online analytical processing, as well as maintaining data analytics platforms so that data can effectively be mined for information at a later date.
- Conduct database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues that arise. This is an ongoing part of the development process that occurs regularly throughout a project to pick up on any part of the application that is not working correctly.
- A key part of the role is evaluating and improving existing systems that are in place as well as collaborating with teams within the business to integrate these new systems to streamline workflow and company processes. This is done through business reviews for assigned segments of the business.
- Develop and update technical documentation for senior members of staff and colleagues within the IT department to serve as a reference guide.
- Mentor and assist lower level analysts; assisting with dashboard creation, SQL query support, and additional support as needed.
- Manage Tableau Server user permissions, schedules, and optimizations
- Bachelor's degree required (in Computer Science, Data Science, MIS, information technology, or similar preferred). Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Strong background in latest versions of Tableau.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience within a Tableau environment; developing worksheets, dashboards, data extracts, scheduling, performance tuning and stories in Tableau.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into visual designs for interactive dashboards is required
- Ability to tell a story with data
- Proven track record of SQL development
- Cloud computing experience preferred
- Experience with Tableau Server administration required
- Experience with ETL solutions
- Experience with SQL Stored Procedures & writing complex queries
- Experience working on Enterprise Data Warehousing and Data Lakes
- Experience with Python
- A keen eye for details and aptitude for working with data
- Highly accurate and thorough in all tasks
- Exceptional organizational and presentation skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mind
- Proven experience as a collaborative team player
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- 100% Remote work is authorized for this role, with preference to individuals in the greater New York City area.