SoHo Dragon represents a non-profit that needs to hire a Technical Product Owner.
Position is contract to hire
Interview Process will consist of multiple phone screens
Looking for a Technical Product Owner (TPO) to manage and maintain the product backlogs for internal, B2B and B2C digital products, including our operations platform, web and mobile applications, and SaaS integrations. The TPM will act as the voice of the customer and work with key stakeholders, project managers and development teams to prioritize and implement new product features and improvements. The TPM will drive the product development and implementation using Agile methodologies to deliver value early and continuously.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Maintain well-groomed product backlogs by working with stakeholders, project managers and delivery teams to prioritize and decompose epics, refine stories, and ensure backlog items are ready for development.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate key requirements workshops with stakeholders, subject matter experts and technical teams, and ensure alignment with customer experience best practices.
- Oversee and direct BA/QA resources and ensure that business requirements are translated into technical solutions.
- Work closely with BA/QA team to define the acceptance criteria and ensure that developed features meet the definition of done.
- Analyze and document current state of existing systems and processes and make intelligent inquisitions and elicit stakeholder expectations to facilitate design of the future state.
- Produce high-quality project artifacts that adhere to industry best practices and standards.
- Understand impact of changes to downstream applications and coordinate with the affected departments to ensure they are in lockstep with the development team from a delivery perspective.
- Work closely with the delivery teams to solve problems and facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Be responsible for following software delivery lifecycle best practices, specifically within the requirements and technical design phase.
- Facilitate the UAT process by conducting training and providing demos/walkthroughs of new features to stakeholders and users and guiding them through the user acceptance testing process.
- Maintain an active record of status of all in-flight requirements which will be stored in JIRA/Confluence.
- Drive continuous improvement and ultimately, customer satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be customer focused and have a strong drive to complete commitments even when faced with ambiguity
- Have excellent facilitation skills to lead discussions across multiple groups and liaison between stakeholders and technical teams
- Be highly proficient in Agile and Scrum methodologies and act as an Agile evangelist to coach the team and continuously improve adoption of Agile practices across the organization
- Foster a team atmosphere and encourage team members to contribute to innovative solutions
- Be able to simplify detailed project and process information to effectively communicate technical information verbally and in writing
- Have outstanding interpersonal, communication and coordination skills and the ability to take command/charge of requirements sessions if they begin to digress or go off-topic
- Be able to work on multiple tasks/projects at a time and move from one project to the next
- Bachelors’ degree in an Information Systems related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of experience in technical product ownership, working with software engineering and product development teams to build digital product solutions in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Certified in Agile/Scrum (CSPO, CSM) and have expertise in JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology platforms and software languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and synthesizing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills