SoHo Dragon represents an investment bank with offices in midtown Manhattan. Our client is looking to hire a Senior Business Analyst with strong financial product experience to work with users to gather requirements on various front and back-office applications. Also needs strong analytical skills, ability to anticipate issues, verify the enhancements, and trouble shoot production issues.
- Interviews will consist of phone screens and or web conference calls
- W2/1099/C2C are all accepted.
Need strong SQL and analysis skill to data mining and analysis.
- Work with business users to understand their needs and document them using various tools
- Anticipate user needs and propose solutions and alternatives
- Understand functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with development teams in building and testing the solutions
- Maintain active communication channels with all stakeholders on deliverables and report statuses
- Track all outstanding issues and manage them from initiation to production deployment
- Ability to multitask and work with multiple teams
- Manage enhancement requests and production issues. Able to prioritize and allocate resources effectively
- Adhere to industry standard BA and PM practices.
- Working knowledge of the financial industry - Trade Flow, Account Opening, Product Control
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent with MS Office tools (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Working knowledge of JIRA and familiarity with Agile methodology
- SQL knowledge and data mining skills
- Vendor Management
- Application support
- Requirements analysis - Must be able to work with different teams to understand their recon requirements, and understand matching Rules to perform recon
- Data Analysis - Must have strong data analysis experience, with ability to identify the required data from different sources. The candidate must be able to analyze the data in different formats.
- Manage projects - Must be able to prioritize own work, manage multiple projects, and multi-Task.
- Must be able a go getter, be able to work with different business teams, Technical teams, vendor teams, located in different geographical locations and time zones.
- Must be able to drive multiple projects in parallel
- Personal Skills - Must have strong Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills. The person must be able to adapt to the dynamic environment and deliver.
- Documentation - Must have strong Experience in documenting business and Functional requirements, creating different artifacts (BRD/FRD), flow diagrams. Knowledge/Experience in Visio/Process mapping, and Data mapping.
- Technical Skills - Must have strong SQL knowledge. Should be very comfortable with complex database design and queries using joins
- Must have technical skills to understand the recon tools being used, and configure the new recons in line with business requirements.
- Must have experience and knowledge of MS Office, SharePoint.
- Testing Skills - Must have testing skills to identify and test various scenarios in the new recons developed, before handing over the recs to business users
- Support - Must be able to provide online support to users on the existing recons.