SoHo Dragon represents an Enterprise Commercial Data Analytics company with offices located in Austin, Texas that needs to hire a Senior Software Engineer for full-time employment. 100% of work will be performed remotely. The new hire will be solving hard data problems, doing functional programming, and building scalable software working with great teams using modern technologies like Scala, Elasticsearch and AKKA.
Interview process will be phone interview(s) followed by Video Conference Call(s).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build scalable architectures using Scala, Akka, and related technologies.
- Write Scala code to populate and query our Elasticsearch cluster.
- Model analytical data in a searchable and scalable way.
- Create new ways of pivoting client data with rich datasets.
- Test and tune distributed Akka compute cluster.
- Build automated tests using Specs2.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics.
- 5+ years of programming experience in languages such as Scala, Java, Groovy, Python, or Ruby.
- Significant experience working in a language that incorporates at least some functional features, such as Ruby, Python, or Groovy.
- Significant experience working with relational databases. Storing and querying relational data should be second nature to you, including joining and grouping.
- Solid understanding of fundamental computer science concepts such as the practical application of data structures and algorithmic complexity.
- A significant track record of constantly learning new technologies.
- Agile development experience. Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Energetic and has a passion for software development and emerging technologies.
- AWS experience
- Experience with functional languages like Scala, Haskell, or Clojure.
- Experience with search technologies like Elasticsearch or Solr.
- Experience with Akka or other distributed processing frameworks.
- Experience with big data, especially if you've used highly concurrent systems like Spark, Storm, or Hadoop to analyze data.