SoHo Dragon represents an Investment Bank with offices in midtown Manhattan and Edison NJ. Our client needs to hire a Sr Business Analyst for a long term project; with probable contract extension. Work will be performed remotely until further notice, but candidates should be local to NY/NJ.
- Interview process will consist of phone screens and web conference calls
- Corp to Corp, 1099 and W2 are all accepted
·Knowledge and understanding of finance, investment accounting, derivative products, and associated collateral.
·Strong hands-on experience supporting accounting for derivatives products
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to effectively support solution design
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of General ledger and Sub ledger processing for Derivative products
- Working knowledge for Murex and / or similar derivative processing systems
·Experience working Agile development environment (JIRA)
·Knowledge of product control / middle office function
- Drive forward the Finance technology projects including data sourcing, ETL requirements, accounting rules documentation, develop reconciliation rules, solution logic for reporting.
- Day to day interaction with the product control, financial control, and corporate technology developers.
- Perform data analysis and resolution of issues related to journal creation, reporting and recognitions.
- Frequent ad hoc analysis for business and technology teams.
- Participate in new solution design and end to end solution development effort including requirements gathering, design, testing and release.
- 10+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- 8+ years of derivatives experience
- 8+ years of Advance SQL experience
- 8+ years of financial accounting experience
- MBA and/or Bachelors in Accounting and Finance with CFA,CPA, FRM (any 1 certification)
- Familiarity with financial statements (e.g. revenue, balance sheet, RWA, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge on financial instruments (e.g. derivatives, options, repos, etc.)
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Team player