SoHo Dragon represents an investment bank with offices in Midtown Manhattan. Our client needs to hire a Trade Floor Support III.
Interview will be Phone Screen followed by possible WebEx or Face to Face onsite interview
- Receive and respond to incoming phone calls, tickets, and e-mail requests for support.
- Submit, assign, and monitor tickets in Service Now queue. Prioritize the workload based on sensitivity and impact, follow up on open tickets to make sure issues are resolved within the SLA.
- Deliver white gloves service for senior management and VIP users.
- Assist with AV setup for conference calls, board meetings, and town halls.
- Plan, oversee and execute user moves in the evenings and/or weekends.
- Manager user onboarding activities – accounts setup, entitlement updates, virtual and physical workstations provisioning, desk setup, etc.
- Provide support for Windows OS, desktop applications, vendor applications, Active Directory, network connectivity, printers and other peripherals, hardware support, remote connectivity.
- Perform workstation patching, application deployments and software upgrades
- Must strive to provide exceptional customer service for the users on a consistent basis, exhibit empathy to user problems and take full ownership of providing prompt support for all IT needs.
- Manage problems through resolution with clear communication and status updates for affected users and management.
- Write technical procedures for configuration and deployment of hardware, software and related products.
- Participate in on-call rotation for support issues raised outside of business hours and on the weekends.
- Manage VOIP phones, turrets and mobile devices
- Collaborate with infrastructure and network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the desktop computing environment.
- Provide operational support and administration for various application servers and systems as necessary.
- Conduct independent research by reading knowledgebase articles, manuals, and procedure documents.
- Must be highly organized, able to multitask efficiently in a fast paced environment, and have good follow up skills.
- Provide on-call support and weekend coverage based on business requirements.
- 4+ years of prior experience in desktop support or similar role preferably in other financial services environment.
- Good knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems and productivity software (MS Office).
- Understanding of Active Directory and group policies, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SCCM, VMware vSphere.
- Working knowledge of one or more scripting languages is preferred (Excel macros or Powershell)
- Must be self-motivated with a knack for new technologies, possess analytical and troubleshooting skills, and thrive in high-pressure dynamic environments.
- Successful candidate must demonstrate good communication and written skills, be patient and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must be flexible with schedule and work outside of business hours as required.
- Must be able to lift and move equpiment up to 50lbs.
Nice to have: VMWare experience and Trade Floor experience
- Associates, technical school or bachelor's degree.